Description:Dr. Lewis initially served in the 106th Infantry Division in the US in a heavy weapons company, then transferred to the Ordnance Corps for several postings, as well as a special assignment to a psychiatric rehabilitation project focused on GIs with PTSD during World War II. He served overseas in the occupation of Okinawa as cadre in a replacement depot.
Lewis, Gordon F.
- College/Year: RC '49
- Links to Oral History Sessions: Lewis, Gordon F. (July 24, 2006)
- Conflict(s): World War II
- Military Branch & Unit: Army
- Theater(s): American; Pacific
- US Army Division: 106th Infantry
- US Army Regiment: 422nd Infantry
- US Army Battalion: 1st Battalion