Description:As a Naval officer during WWII, CDR Lewis participated in anti-submarine activities in the Atlantic before being sent to the PTO, where he participated in amphibious operations. During the Korean War, he was a planning officer at Amphibious Training Command, Coronado, CA.
Lewis, John R.
- College/Year: RC '42
- Links to Oral History Sessions: Lewis, John R. (May 6, 1997)
- Conflict(s): World War II; Korean War
- Military Branch & Unit: Navy
- Theater(s): European; Pacific; American
- Navy Ship: USS YP-11; USS YMS-49; LSM(5)-526; LSM(R) Division 103