Description:Mr. McGrew served in the US Army Coastal Artillery Corps in the Philippines. He was taken prisoner when US forces in Bataan and Corregidor surrendered and endured three-and-a-half years of brutal captivity as a POW, including time at the Cabanatuan Prison Camps 1 & 3, the Bilibid Prison Camp, the Noto Maru hell ship, and Kawasaki in Japan.
McGrew, Alfred C.
- Links to Oral History Sessions: McGrew, Alfred (April 15, 2007)
- Conflict(s): World War II
- Military Branch & Unit: Army
- Theater(s): Pacific
- US Army Division: 60th Coast Artillery
- US Army Other: D Battery; H Battery