Description:LTC Dyas was born in Brooklyn, NY, and later raised in Queens, NY. He entered the US Army in 1941, trained at Fort Ethan Allen, VT, and later joined the Airborne and trained at Fort Bragg, NC. He served with the 82nd Airborne Division, 505th Parachute Infantry Regiment, First Battalion, A Company. He jumped with the 82nd in the invasion of Sicily and fought until captured near Catelgerone. He spent 23 months as a POW in Stalags IIB, IIIB and IIIA. After WWII, he used the GI Bill to earn degrees at NYU and Harvard. He spent his career in education, eventually becoming principal of Millburn High School in Millburn, NJ.
Dyas, Timothy G.
- Links to Oral History Sessions: Dyas, Timothy G. (July 23, 2008)
- Conflict(s): World War II
- Military Branch & Unit: Army
- Theater(s): European
- US Army Division: 82nd Airborne
- US Army Regiment: 505th Parachute Infantry
- US Army Battalion: 1st Battalion
- US Army Company: A Company