Mr. Laubach was born in Bayonne, NJ, and was raised in that city and Somerville, NJ. He attended Rutgers from 1934 to 1938. During the Second World War, he served as a bombardier with the 389th Bomb Group, stationed in England. He was shot down and spent eighteen months as a POW at Stalag Luft I, Barth-Vogelsang, Prussia 54-12.
Laubach, James W.
- College/Year: AG '38
- Links to Oral History Sessions: Laubach, James W. (December 20, 2007)
- Conflict(s): World War II
- Military Branch & Unit: Army Air Forces
- Theater(s): European
- US Eighth Air Force: Military Occupation: Bombardier
- US Eighth Air Force: Final Rank: Second Lieutenant