Robert Krugh was born in Chicago, Illinois, and went to school in Mendon, Ohio and Peoria, Illinois. Krugh enlisted in the US Marine Corps and served on Okinawa during World War II, and China (1945-1947) in occupation duty after the conflict ended. In 1951, Krugh resigned from the USMC and joined the US Army, serving during the Korean War in 1952-1953. Krugh retired as a Captain in 1964. In his civilian life, Krugh managed country clubs in New Jersey, and later managed condominiums.
- Links to Oral History Sessions: Krugh, Robert (October 13, 2007)
- Conflict(s): World War II; Korean War
- Military Branch & Unit: Marine Corps; Army
- Theater(s): Pacific; Korean
- US Army Battalion: 187th AB Regimental Combat Team