Matthew J. Swajkowski was born and raised in Newark, New Jersey. After graduating high school in 1970, Swajkowski joined the US Army, serving as an officer in various units during the Vietnam War. He earned a Purple Heart, a Bronze Star, and other decorations for his service. After the war, he attended Lehigh University and St. Peter's College for his underdgraduate studies and then earned his Master's Degree in Biology from Seton Hall University. Swajkowski taught science until he retired in 2011.
Swajkowski, Matthew J.
- Links to Oral History Sessions: Swajkowski, Matthew J. (April 13, 2012)
- Conflict(s): Vietnam War
- Military Branch & Unit: Army
- Theater(s): Vietnam
- US Army Division: 23rd Infantry Division
- US Army Regiment: 82nd Artillery
- US Army Battalion: First Battalion