Description:Mr. Bergbower served with the 28th Bombardment Squadron, 19th Bombardment Group, V Bomber Command, in the US Army Air Corps until the surrender of the Philippines. He endured years of subjugation as a prisoner of war and slave laborer in the following camps: Malaybalay, Davao Penal Colony, Toyihomo, Shinjuku in Japan.
Bergbower, Harold A.
- Links to Oral History Sessions: Bergbower, Harold A. (April 16, 2007)
- Conflict(s): World War II
- Military Branch & Unit: Army Air Forces
- Theater(s): Pacific
- Army Air Force Group: 19th Bomb Group
- Army Air Force Squadron: 28th Bomb Squadron
- Army Air Force Other: V Bomber Command