Description:Mr. Calderone fought with the 31st Infantry Regiment in the Philippines until the surrender of Corregidor. He was held as a Prisoner of War until the end of the war at the following camps: O'Donnell, Cabanatuan, Clark Field, Bilibid and Nagoya #6, Nomach, Japan. He survived a "hell ship" voyage on the Nota Maru and endured years of subjugation as slave labor.
Calderone, Thomas G.
- Links to Oral History Sessions: Calderone, Thomas G. (February 24, 2006)
- Conflict(s): World War II
- Military Branch & Unit: Army
- Theater(s): Pacific
- US Army Regiment: 31st Infantry
- US Army Company: Company A